waitpid() ???

Mitch Wright mitch at hq.af.mil
Fri Aug 10 14:20:07 AEST 1990

Greetings!

	I was recently flipping through the source of ksh(1), humbly
admiring the work of David Korn, when I came across a function called
waitpid().  I quickly grep'ed through the code to see if I could find
where this function was defined, since I was not aware of a system call
by this name.  Well, I found no definition for this call in the code or
in the few SYSV programming manuals that I have.  Does anyone have an
idea exactly what this call does?  Since it is in the middle of the job
control routines, I'd assume it was similar to wait3() in the Bezerkely
world, but the parameters seem to be out of whack, and all three of them
are integers instead of 1 int, 1 union wait *, and a struct rusage *.

	A man-page would be fine, but I'd prefer not only a man page, but
a *real* description of what this puppy does.

	Thanks!

--
   ..mitch

   mitch at hq.af.mil (Mitch Wright) | The Pentagon, 1B1046 | (202) 695-0262

   The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity,
   but not necessarily in that order.