Session management

Eliot Moss moss at cs.umass.edu
Mon Aug 27 22:16:00 AEST 1990

An additional feature I definitely want is for the session manager to retain a
session for some user-selectable time (with a system chosen upper bound) if
the remote end drops before logout. I lose modem connections because of noise
frequently, and it is really annoying to have to reconstruct my whole job tree
when that happens. (The VMS pty stuff keeps sessions around as described, and
when you relogin you get the option of connecting to your abandoned job or
creating a new one.)
--

		J. Eliot B. Moss, Assistant Professor
		Lederle Graduate Research Center