I_FDINSERT in streamio(4)

Wolfgang Solfrank ws at tools.uucp
Fri Aug 10 02:45:33 AEST 1990

Currently I'm trying to write a trace module and/or driver for
streams tracing. I need it for easier testing and debugging of
a streams protocol stack we are developping here. I'd like to
let the traced driver/modules and the application as much alone
as possible. So I face the problem of duplicating all messages
that are sent thru the protocol stack to the trace application.

How do I tell the trace driver what streams stack to intercept?

It seems that the I_FDINSERT provides the mechanism that I'm
looking for, but I cannot make much sense from what I read in
the streamio(4) description in the manual.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this...
--
ws at tools.uucp	(Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH)	+49-228-230088