Cron - First Saturday of the month

Clifford C. Skolnick cliffs at sun.com
Mon Aug 20 13:54:24 AEST 1990

In article <1489 at hagbard.dc.luth.se> bj at dc.luth.se (B|rje Josefsson) writes:

   Slightly a side question according to the Subject:, but how to setup a
   command for execution on the LAST day of the month ONLY?

   I could use:
	       0 0 31 1 * command
	       0 0 28 2 * command
	       0 0 31 3 * command
	       and so on
   but that will not work on leap years...

Can you change the problem so that the program executes it the first minute of
every month instead?  If not, use cron to call a script on the 28 of every
month that will enter an at job for the last day of the month.  Writing this
shell script is an excercise for the reader :-)
   Cliff Skolnick - Technical Consultant                  cliffs at east.sun.com
           [I only work for Sun, I do not speak for them]

         "The floggings will continue until morale improves"