Is System V.4 fork reliable?

terryl at sail.LABS.TEK.COM terryl at sail.LABS.TEK.COM
Wed Aug 1 03:09:35 AEST 1990

In article <573 at oglvee.UUCP> jr at oglvee.UUCP (Jim Rosenberg) writes:
-But if system calls fail simply because of a very temporary bout of activity,
-that is *not my problem*!  It's the kernel's problem.  At least it should be:
-that's what "I'm paying the kernel for" so to speak.  And *I CAN'T FIX IT*
-myself.  If utilities haven't been rewritten to do the right thing with EAGAIN
-after fork(), and I'm only a binary licensee, what can I do about it?

     Bitch and moan to your OS vendor; after all, to use some of your own
logic, "That's what I'm paying the kernel for", so to speak....