4.4BSD source, available ?

Chris Torek chris at mimsy.umd.edu
Sat Aug 25 14:46:51 AEST 1990

In article <24282 at adm.BRL.MIL> weon at aladdin.solvit.co.kr (Taehwan Weon) writes:
>I want to know availablity of the 4.4BSD source.
>Where can I contact for the source ?

Well, if you hop into your time machine% and jump forward to about
next summer, it should probably exist by then.

4.4BSD does not exist, therefore you cannot get it.  (Yet.)  The latest
Berkeley offering is called `4.3BSD-reno', and to order it you should
contact UCB CSRG with AT&T source license in hand.  A telephone number
to get started is +1 415 642 4948.  Be aware that 4.3BSD-reno is a
`test release', is not expected to be easy to install, is likely to
be fairly buggy (I have already made a number of changes to fix various
kernel panics and I have not installed it all yet...), but does have
NFS and ISO support (thus making it desirable anyway).
-----
% DeLorean or TARDIS, your choice.  Personally, I would take the TARDIS:
  it may break down more often (if such a thing is possible) but it has
  a *lot* more legroom. :-)
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (+1 301 405 2750)
Domain:	chris at cs.umd.edu	Path:	uunet!mimsy!chris