Automatic FTP

darrell suggs dsuggs at hubcap.clemson.edu
Sat Aug 4 03:28:42 AEST 1990

Has anyone ever used an "automatic" script to ftp files.  What I am trying
to do is start up a background ftp and have it retry (at intervals) until
the ftp is succesful.  I have looked at checking the output of the ftp
(redirecting a commands file: ftp < whattodo > whathappened).  It appears
that the whathappened file is empty if the transfer was successful, and
has various error messages otherwise.  This seems like a hokie method, and
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions/experience with this?

please email me:  dsuggs at hubcap.clemson.edu

thanks for your help!

darrell suggs