Serial drivers in SysV ver4.

Jesse W. Asher jessea at dynasys.UUCP
Mon Aug 6 07:17:43 AEST 1990

I just tried to install version 4 and had problems with the serial driver.
Has anyone written a better serial driver than the one that comes with it?
And does the serial driver support the 16550 UARTS?  I tried to install
the FAS driver, but the kernel compilation process would bomb out because
of missing functions.  Someone mentioned that the driver was streams based.
Has anyone ported the FAS driver over?  I had excellent performance with in
under 3.2.  Thanx for any tips on this.