Cron jobs running as something other than root

Hackman gmartin at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
Tue Aug 28 02:26:03 AEST 1990

Excuse this if this has been discussed before, but I am trying to automate
a script that is run from our system (library.calpoly.edu).  However, this
script requires that it be run while logged in as 'libs'.  This script was
originally written by someone in Tech Support for the company that supports
the software for our online catalog, so I have no idea why the job has to
be run as libs, but:

	Is there any way to make a job that runs from cron run under a
        different login id???

(BTW - I have thought of setuid, and tried it, but to no avail)

Any suggestions or hints would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

	-Guy Martin
         Kennedy Library Computer Services
	 Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, CA

Guy Martin (Hackman)             //      Internet: gmartin at polyslo.calpoly.edu