Cron - First Saturday of the month

Phil Hammar jackal at munsell.UUCP
Thu Aug 9 23:27:17 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug8.185745.16606 at iwarp.intel.com> merlyn at iwarp.intel.com (Randal Schwartz) writes:
>In article <19744 at orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU>, curt at oce (Curt Vandetta) writes:
>|   I'm wondering if anyone has a way of making cron run a job on the
>|   first Saturday of every month?
>
>3 4 1-7 * 6 command
>
>to make 'command' run at 4:03am... adjust the first two fields as
>necessary.  Remember, the parameters are "and"-ed together.

	From the SunOS 4.1 crontab(5) manual page (Quoted without
permission):

     Note: the specification of days may be made  by  two  fields
     (day  of the month and day of the week).  If both are speci-
     fied as a list of elements, both are adhered to.  For  exam-
     ple,

          0 0 1,15 * 1

     would run a command on  the  first  and  fifteenth  of  each
     month,  as well as on every Monday.

>From this excerpt (and experience), the day fields are OR'd.  If
anyone know the real way to do this for SunOS 4.X, I'd appreciate the
answer too.

Follow-ups to comp.unix.questions.

			G'day,
			Phil Hammar