VMS/UNIX PORT thanks!

John Morris bigjohn at manta.NOSC.MIL
Fri Aug 3 10:37:07 AEST 1990

Thanks for all the 'considered' responses. I plead guilty to
not being totally ignorant about UNIX but figured I must be a
moron and missing some vital information as the people who said
that UNIX didn't support some of the features in VMS were not
idiots themselves.  So .. I asked the 'wizards'.  Only one kind
soul told me to get off this board as I seemed too stupid to talk
to!
The problem seems to revolve around VMS supporting multi-tasking
_within_ a process via 'threads'. This, I believe, is the feature
that UNIX was lacking in their estimation. Reportedly MOCK has
picked up on this?
Thanks again, I enjoyed the humor and found the information
enlightening, dim though I am.