How to acknowledge a Password for a Daemon point of view ?

Pierre Noel pnoe at dg13.cec.be
Sat Aug 25 03:24:02 AEST 1990

Hi,

I have here at CEC to write a Daemon socket server program which sould provide  new facilities for users connected from their PCs.

My problem is that my server has to authenticate the connected user to allow
him to go further in the job.

I would then know how it is possible, for the daemon process, to check the
validity of the tuple UserName-Password as a real logname to the system.

In fact, what I'm looking for is kind of a function which takes the Name and thePassword as parameter and reply Yes or No depending on the validity.

The target Machine is a Targon/35 (Pyramid) but the program should be ported to any machine.

By the way, I don't have crypt function (as we are in Europe, not in USA).

Thank you for your help

Pierre Noel