Customizing rn (Yes, I've RTFM)

Howard Siegel siegel at stsci.EDU
Wed Aug 8 14:53:28 AEST 1990

In <2274 at polari.UUCP>, tronix at polari.UUCP writes:
>I've printed and read the rn manual several times to determine how to set some
>parameters the way I want.

The following "cut here" sections contain the lines in my .cshrc and the
contents of my .rninit file.  The .cshrc contains modifications to the
posting/mail headers to get the return address in the right format
(Internet style with proper domain name).  The .rninit file contains
a modified attribution line format for posting followup articles (see
the result in the above excerp from your posting).  There is no
particular reason why some of this is in the .cshrc versus the .rninit
other than it just happened this way over the years.  Note that I still
have not figured out how to do some of the more complex manipulations,
I've just copied what I've needed and made only very minimal changes.
There are other things I'd like to change but I don't have the time
these days.

Hope this helps.

    ==-->> Standard disclaimers applied.  Your mileage will vary! <<--==

    Howard Siegel    (301) 338-4418
    TRW   c/o Space Telescope Science Institute   Baltimore, MD 21218
    Internet:  siegel at stsci.edu          SPAN:  STOSC::SIEGEL
    uucp:  {arizona,decvax,hao}!noao!stsci!siegel

------- cut here ------- cut here ------- cut here ------- cut here -------

setenv RNINIT ~/.rninit
setenv EDITOR emacs
setenv VISUAL emacs
setenv ORGANIZATION "TRW, c/o Space Telescope Science Institute, Baltimore Md."

setenv MAILHEADER 'To: %t \