Linking two yacc (y.tab.o) files

Jerry Frain jxf at phobos.cis.ksu.edu
Thu Feb 22 12:55:12 AEST 1990

I recently wrote a program which requires two parsers.  Depending upon
the type of input received, the program will parse according to one of
two grammars.

I created a yacc file for each parser, tested them separately, and prepared
to link the objects into a larger program.  Unfortunately, that's as far as
I got.  Since yacc creates a lot of global variables when it makes the
y.tab.c files, there were many conflict errors when I tried to link the two
files.

I seem to recall a thread in this newsgroup about this problem quite some
time ago, but I did not pay any attention to the solution at the time.

Anybody got any ideas as to how I can solve this dilemma?

Thanks in advance.  I'd be glad to post a summary, if there is much
interest.

--
Jerry Frain -- Professional Student           Kansas State University
Internet: jxf at phobos.cis.ksu.edu      Dept of Computing & Information Sciences