You.. you see... I see.. oh. (UUCICO)

Roger Gonzalez rg at uunet!unhd
Tue Feb 27 06:02:08 AEST 1990

I'm having problems with a uucp connection.  Apprarantly the remote machine
is not returning a 'CY' (or even a 'CN') even though it does indeed copy the
file.  This dialog was obtained by typing "uucp -r /tmp/foobar unhd!/tmp"
and "uucico -r1 -x20 -sunhd".

CRDS is the system I'm running this from (a Charles River Data Systems
Universe 68 running UNOS)  It's obsolete, obviously, but I've gotten its
uucp to work fine with several other machines.

UNHD is the destination, a vax running ultrix (I think).

--uucico dialog--
finds called
getto called
call: no. tty10 for sys unhd login called
wanted "" got that
wanted 200T> c unhd got that
wanted gin: Ucrds got that
wanted ssword:got that
fopen of /usr/spool/uucp/LCK.LSTAT failed
valid sys Shere
msg-ROK
Rmtname unhd, Role MASTER, Ifn - 7, Loginuser - root
rmseg - 'P' got Pgf
wmesg 'U'g
Proto started g
protocol g
fopen of /usr/spool/uucp/LCK.LSTAT failed
*** TOP *** - role=1, cntrl 8
cntrl(NULL POINTER)
cntrlroot
wrktype - S
wmesg 'S' /tmp/foobar /tmp/foobar
rmesg - 'S' got SY
PROCESS: msg - SY
SNDFILE:
-> 16 / 0 secs
rmesg - 'C' alarm 1
alarm 2
alarm 3
alarm 4
alarm 5
alarm 6
alarm 7
alarm 8
alarm 9
alarm 10
alarm 11
tries = 10
got FAIL
cntrl - -1
fopen of /usr/spool/uucp/LCK.LSTAT failed
TM_cnt: 0
send OO -1,clsacu CU_end == 0
clsacu CU_end == 0
exit code 0
-----
Any ideas?  Buying a new system isn't a valid one, unfortunately.

-Roger

--
UUCP:   ..!uunet!unhd!rg      | USPS: Marine Systems Engineering Laboratory
BITNET: r_gonzalez at unhh    |       University of New Hampshire