Need Wang WP to unix file translator pgm.

DoN Nichols nvt9001 at belvoir-emh3.army.mil
Tue Feb 6 14:37:42 AEST 1990

	I need to be able to read information from a Wang word processor
disk.  I can read an image of the entire disk into my system.  I don't
need to be able to write files to the disk, just read them.

	First, I need something that understands the directory structure
on the Wang disk.  Next I need something which can stitch the files back
into a cohesive whole. (I seem to find gaps, with some garbage, in the
files - probably left by replacement of a larger block of text with a
smaller one. Maybe also by expanding text for insertions?)

	The ideal program would convert the files into input files for
troff, but I know better than to hope for that :-)

	The minimum would be some documentation of the internal formats
used by Wang, so I could write my own programs to do the job.

	Please EMAIL to me <nvt9001 at belvoir-emh3.army.mil>.  If there is
adequate interest, I'll summarize to the net.  I may not be able to
individually thank those who help, since the mailer here seems only to
be sure of addresses on milnet, and sometimes able to bounce things off
uunet.uu.net.  Internet seems to be invisible from here.

	If your response bounces, please try again somewhere around
thursday.  There seems to be a blockage such that most Unix-wizards and
comp.unix.sources mailings don't get through during the week - only on
weekends.  If one of the intermediate systems bounces mail after three
days, it may never make it to me.

				Thanks in Advance
				Donald Nichols (DoN.)
				<nvt9001 at belvoir-emh3.army.mil>
				Home: (703) 938-4564 - evenings
				Work: (703) 664-1585 (I won't be able to
					return calls during the work day)