(none)

woodb!scsmo1!don at cs.umd.edu woodb!scsmo1!don at cs.umd.edu
Sat Feb 24 09:52:14 AEST 1990

To: mimsy!brl.mil!unix-wiz
Subject: MODEMS - bidirectional changing to outgoing

To: woodb!mimsy!brl.mil!unix-wiz (Unix Wizards List)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 90 12:44:05 CST
From: don at scsmo1.UUCP (Don Ingli)

 MACHINE: AT&T 3b2/400 & 3b2/500  Running AT&T Sys V 3.2 Unix
 Problem: Bidirectional access of modem is 'automaticly' changing itself
          to outgoing only...( this is manually changed via sysadm utility )

 We have redefined our modems to bidirectional several times and they
 stay that way for a long time but from time to time they 'automaticly' switch
 to outgoing only mode.

 1. Does anyone else have this problem?
 2. Why and where does this happen?
 3. How can we stop this from happening?

 Thanx..

 --
  DON INGLI-United States Department of Agriculture - Soil Conservation Service
  INTERNET: scsmo1!don at uunet.uu.net    PHONEnet: 314!875!5344