TERMCAP experts READ UP!!!

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Wed Feb 14 03:53:20 AEST 1990

In article <1831 at unccvax.UUCP> cs00chs at unccvax.UUCP (charles spell) writes:
> Are the sf= and sr= entries supposed to scroll the entire screen no
> matter where the cursor is located or are they for only when the cursor
> is on the top (sf=) and bottom (sr=) lines? Thanx for your time...

In practice they seem to be defined both ways in different TERMCAP and
TERMINFO databases. The latest version of browse has been updated to work
with sf/sr that only work on the top/bottom lines.

I have another question. Most termcaps have been set up so that 'cs' to
change the scrolling region takes the top line # first. Someone sent in
a set of changes to browse that implied that for xterm windows on a SS1
the reverse is true (bottom line # first). Which is it?
--
 _--_|\  Peter da Silva. +1 713 274 5180. <peter at ficc.uu.net>.
/      \