Help!

Chip Salzenberg chip at tct.uucp
Fri Feb 16 00:45:24 AEST 1990

According to simstim at milton.acs.washington.edu ([]):
>I have been experiencing a little problem with various individuals
>sending me a substansial amount of unwanted email. Does anyone have
>a good hack to refuse email from particular users?

Sure.  Use my Deliver program (currently at 2.0 patch 5; patch 6 out
soon).  Delivery files are shell scripts which control delivery of
each message.  A good one for filtering unwanted users is:

	:

	u="$1"
	from="`header -f from $HEADER`"

	# Kill mail from junk mail sources.
	case "$from" in
	*bozo at bozosite* ) echo DROP; exit ;;
	*kludge at hacksite* ) echo DROP; exit ;;
	esac

	# Oh goody, we keep it.
	echo "$u"

Deliver 2.0, at finer archive sites everywhere.

Not Just Another Deliver Hacker,
--
Chip Salzenberg at ComDev/TCT     <chip at tct.uucp>, <uunet!ateng!tct!chip>
         "The Usenet, in a very real sense, does not exist."