How many Async connections?

Fred Larimer larimer at ncrcam.Cambridge.NCR.COM
Wed Feb 21 02:52:52 AEST 1990

This is a request for information, sources for information and
even opinions on:

   "How many async connections should a UNIX product support?"

We are adding UNIX to an existing multi-tasking, multi-user product.
The product is aimed at Retail Point of Sale applications. It has
a proprietary LAN that supports a family of point of sale termianals
and PCs. The UNIX is to provide support for "back office" functions,
i.e. accounting applications, personell applications, word processing,
UUCP, spreadsheets, etc.

I have just begun to gather information to answer this question so
any responses would be welcome.

Please respond by email. If there is enough interest I will summarize
and post.

Thanks

Fred Larimer