a non-recursive find option

Rick McCalla rick at comspec.UUCP
Mon Feb 26 09:27:59 AEST 1990

I am trying to get a script working that will copy all the files in a usenet
news directory into an archive directory which I can work on at a later time.
I only want to copy the files there once as I will be de-sharing them etc. as
I get time and them removing them.

I am using the find utility and it works fine except that it also picks up all
files that are in recursive directories.  Is there any way to tell find not to
look at recursive directories?

the command I am using is:
     find /usr/spool/news/comp/binaries/ibm/pc -type f -mtime 0 \
            -exec copy {} /u/archive/cmp.bin.ibm.pc \;

--
Comspec Communications Inc.                 | Rick McCalla  ----- rick at comspec
Toronto, Ontario  Canada                    |----------------------------------