finding u areas of swapped processes

Paul Riddle paulr at umbc5.umbc.edu
Thu Feb 22 09:15:48 AEST 1990

Hi,

I'm writing some code on a Sun-3 running SunOS 4.0.3 that needs to read
the u areas of active processes.  However, I noticed that the SunOS
proc structure doesn't include a p_swaddr field, which contains the disk
address of the u area when the process is swapped out.  On a Vax I would
just convert this into bytes and then lseek into /dev/drum to read the
u area, but it appears I can't do this on a Sun.  Does anyone know how I
can find my swapped processes?

Also, can anyone tell me if it's possible to get a source license from Sun,
and if so, what is involved?

                            Many thanks,
Paul Riddle                         | paulr at umbc5.umbc.edu
Univ. Of Md., Baltimore County      | ..!{uunet,haven}!umbc5.umbc.edu!paulr