Looking for a big Unix box

Ron Nash nash at ucselx.sdsu.edu
Sat Feb 24 10:12:06 AEST 1990

I am throwing this to the collective net wisdom (:-).  I am asking for
suggestions and any experiences good or bad to guide us in our search.
The main uses of the computer will be teaching Unix and programming,
and research.  We have Macsyma and Lisp users and neural-network
research that can be quite a drain.

We are looking for a Unix engine that will support at least 100
concurrent users.  It would be nice if it could be expanded to support
more users if needed.  The Unix should be BSD or be BSD compatible.  A
major concern is compatability of BSD software.

Please post or email.  If there I get or see requests for a summary, I
will post a summary of the responses.  If you want any more info from
me, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

--
Ron Nash