Sun 386i device driver help (A/D Converter)

Thomas E. Currey rcs89301 at zach.fit.edu
Sat Feb 17 03:07:26 AEST 1990

  I am currently in need of some help involving writing a device
driver for a Sun 386i. I am using the AT-Bus.  The systme will
have a DAC0808 or DAC0809 Conversion dip.  This dip requires 100 micro
seconds to process the analog input.  I want to use software to
control the sampling time for this system.  This chip can
send an interrupt to the software.  This system takes 4 types of
audio inputs: Low-Pass, Band-Pass, High-Pass filter mono signal
from any audio source, and also and unfiltered signal.  This
will be a simular system to the SparcStation Sound system as far as
data formatting.

  Any help on addressing, interrupts, hardware, software, kernel
configuration, or anything else would be greatly appreciated. I am
currently using the "Writing Device Drivers" Manual from Sun as a guide.

			Thanks
			 Tom Currey