Need help with AIX device driver.

Mark Dapoz mdapoz at hybrid.UUCP
Thu Feb 1 10:02:49 AEST 1990

In article <8745 at boring.cwi.nl> jack at piring.cwi.nl (Jack Jansen) writes:
>So, the question: does anyone know how to map some physical memory
>into kernel VM space on a PS/2-80 running AIX?

In AIX on the PS/2 the real physical memory is already mapped into the kernel
virtual memory.  I forget the exact offset but it's documented in one of the
include files in /usr/include/sys.  There's also a set of macros which do
the real memory address to kernel virtual address translation.  If you can't
find which include file documents this, send me some email and I'll dig
up my notes on this (they're at work right now and I'm not :-).
--
  Mark Dapoz  (mdapoz at hybrid.UUCP)  ...uunet!mnetor!hybrid!mdapoz

I remind you that humans are only a tiny minority in this galaxy.
	   -- Spock, "The Apple," stardate 3715.6.