usefulness/weaknesses of RPCGEN? (Sun RPC)

TAYBENGH%NUSDISCS.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu TAYBENGH%NUSDISCS.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Mon May 7 23:41:16 AEST 1990

        Currently I am doing some study on Sun RPC, its strengths and
weaknesses. I have read several postings regarding Sun RPC in various places,
but I seldom come across about RPCGEN discussion. The question I have is
what are the strengths and weaknesses of RPCGEN? Especially if u are not using
it to develop your RPC applications, why?
        I will summarize to the net if enough interest, and most likely I will
post a summary of the strength and weaknesses of Sun RPC.
        Thanks in advance.

p/s: I have posted this to various places, if u come across it more than
once, please forgive me.

- Beng Hang Tay (email: taybengh at nusdiscs.bitnet)
  Department of Information Systems and Computer Science
  National University of Singapore