fastest way to copy hunks of memory

Michael Meissner meissner at osf.org
Tue May 8 01:18:15 AEST 1990

In article <11311 at cbmvax.commodore.com> ag at cbmvax.commodore.com (Keith
Gabryelski) writes:

| In article <3296 at auspex.auspex.com> guy at auspex.auspex.com (Guy Harris) writes:
| >I don't think S5 has "bcopy()" until, possibly, S5R4.
|
| A lot of vendors added bcopy() to S5R3 when they hacked in TCP/IP
| support, just for ease of porting.
|
| S5R4 has support for bcopy() in libucb.a.
|
| Pax, Keith

But of course, the question still is which routine has your vendor
spent time optimizing, and for which is it just a byte-by-byte copy?
The answers are different for each vendor (some unfortunately don't
optimize any of them, even if they provide both).
--
Michael Meissner	email: meissner at osf.org		phone: 617-621-8861
Open Software Foundation, 11 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA

Catproof is an oxymoron, Childproof is nearly so