#define DEBUG... (using printf for debugging)

Dave Smythe dsmythe at netcom.UUCP
Fri May 4 15:57:51 AEST 1990

It seems to me that if you want to go the instrumentation route, as opposed
to the debugger route, then you might want to look at the dbugsys package
(I think that there were at least 2 kinds) posted a while back to c.s.misc
or c.s.unix.  If I recall correctly, it does all of that kind of DEBUG stuff
as well as giving you run-time control of the level of debugging info that
you want to see (foo -x4 , or something like that).  There were quite a
variety of functions there for many other purposes as well.