help with printcap entry

Jeff Nieusma nieusma at caen.engin.umich.edu
Wed May 9 04:19:21 AEST 1990

has anyone ever hooked an HP LaserJet series II printer to a unix box?  I
am trying to figure out what the printcap entry should be and am not having
much luck.  I'm using a SparcStation, and this is what I've got so far:

#HP DeskJet Plus over serial line
lp|hp|hpdjp|icpsrhpdjp|HP DeskJet Plus\
        :lp=/dev/lp:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:sh:rw:\
        :br#9600:fs#06020:fc#0700:xs#040000:lf=/usr/adm/lpd-errs:

I keep getting stray lines appearing in my output for no appearant reason.
Anyone have any idea what to do?

Please respond via e-mail.

thanks,
- Jeff (nieusma at caen.engin.umich.edu)
| If I keep beating my head against the wall, my brain will ooze out my ears. |