Shared Memory Question

Allan Doyle adoyle at bbn.com
Wed May 9 00:05:41 AEST 1990

We have a new Motorola Delta 8864 system with dual 88k CPU running
System V Release 3.2. We are trying to plug a Tadpole 1600x1200 color
graphics card into it. The problem we are having is with a sequence
of calls to shmget() and shmat(). Rather than delve into the many
ways I have tried it that have failed, does anyone out there have
a working code fragment they can send me that will:

	Grab a 20 Mbyte hunk of shared memory at a given physical
	memory location (the frame buffer and control registers)

	Attach to that shared memory and use it from user space.

Thanks in advance.

Allan Doyle                                              adoyle at bbn.com
BBN Systems and Technologies Corporation		 (617) 873-3398
70 Fawcett Street,   Cambridge, MA 02138