4.3 csh job control

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Wed May 2 15:57:35 AEST 1990

In article <5152 at helios.TAMU.EDU> craig at stat.tamu.edu (Craig Smith) writes:
-   We have a bit of a problem at our site (which consists mostly of
-Suns running SunOs 4.0.3) with novice users misusing ^Z and winding up
-with many, many stopped jobs wasting virtual memory and bringing the
-system to a crawl.
-I cannot think of any other solution to this problem that does not
-involve the use of kludgy temporary files or hacking the csh source
-itself.
-Any suggestions?

Yeah -- educate your users in the proper use of ^Z.
Much simpler, and more generally useful than a specific hack.