Stupid man pages

Joshua Osborne stripes at eng.umd.edu
Fri May 4 18:54:20 AEST 1990

In article <1990Apr30.144542.17928 at phri.nyu.edu> roy at phri.nyu.edu (Roy Smith) writes:
>	It's also a reasonable way to generate a steady stream of characters
>out a serial port (yes > /dev/tty?) so you can look at it with a scope, or
>even over a network (yes | rsh otherhost dd of=/dev/null) so you can
>generate tcpdump fodder.
It also came in handy when I was testing xterm, I didn't want anything fancy
(i.e. no input, no stty'ing), and I didn't want it to exit, because I wanted
to see if it worked at all...
(turns out xterm works - as long as you don't use the csh that comes with
the DS3100, I'm working on that now...)
--
           stripes at eng.umd.edu          "Security for Unix is like
      Josh_Osborne at Real_World,The          Mutitasking for MS-DOS"