Questions about kernal parameters.

jessea jessea at dynasys.UUCP
Thu May 31 03:41:20 AEST 1990

I'm running AT+T Unix /386 and in the manuals it gives a table for increasing
the kernal parameters.  The table goes up to four MB and I was wondering if
the trend was the same in increasing the parameters.  For example:  For
NBUF it recommends 250 for 2MB, 300 for 3MB, and 400 for 4MB.  It recommends
100 for 2MB, 120 for 3MB, and 150 for 4MB for NPROC.  For NINODE, 150 for
2MB, 200 for 3MB, and 300 for 4MB.  And so on.  The question is:  How can
I tell what it would be for memory over 4MB?  Having 8MB or even 16MB in a
system is not a rare occurance for a multi-user system.  So how can I tell
what the parameters should be?  I realize that these are based on many things:
number of users, number of processes, etc.  Can anyone give some pointers
(or point me in the direction of reading material) that might help in
determining what these should be?  Thanx in advance for any help on this
subject.

--
Jesse W. Asher - Dynasys - (901)382-1705     Evening: (901)382-1609
6196-1 Macon Rd., Suite 200, Memphis, TN 38134