All those windows, all that hitech (was POSIX bashing)

neal at mnopltd.UUCP neal at mnopltd.UUCP
Wed Apr 24 23:46:28 AEST 1991

->As much as I like the windowed environments available to me at work,
->(Sunview, Xwindows), I almost never use them.  Why?  I don't like the idea
->of sitting two feet in front of a 25" monitor.  After the machine is set
->up and if I'm not using the floppies/tape drives, I retreat back to my office
->and access the beast from my friendly PC via the serial port.  I'm not sure
->which bothers me more from the large monitors -- the high-frequency sound
->(which I can hear and directly feel) or the electromagnetic fields (which I
->can't, but are getting more and more famous as each new "Currents of Death"
->book comes out).
->--
->Ed Ravin            | This random number tells the computer that you are
->cmcl2!panix!eravin  | a member in good standing.  It is not related to your
->philabs!trintex!elr | membership number.   --- Sierra Club
->

And perhaps you spent too much of your childhood with your mother yelling,
"Son, yer gonna go blind if you don't get back from that darn TV" as I did.

And perhaps momma knew best.......

Yup, give me a nice sharp EGA screen in text mode and multi-screen any day...