dup2() system call

Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR/AA allbery at NCoast.ORG
Sun Apr 21 03:43:07 AEST 1991

As quoted from <85 at morwyn.UUCP> by forrie at morwyn.UUCP (Forrie Aldrich):
+---------------
| Well, for reference's sake, here's another version that I caught off the net
| a little while ago... hope it helps.

(Doug Gwyn's dup2() omitted)

Reference's sake, yes --- but that was one that got some remarks about
differing errno values.  (Which is why I had that remark in my comments.)

For almost every use of dup2() I've ever encountered, the macro does the job.
If you absolutely NEED 100% V7 compatibility, use Doug's by all means.

++Brandon
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			  Ham: KB8JRR/AA on 2m, 220, 440, 1200
Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG		(QRT on HF until local problems fixed)