terminal settings and stuff...

Shannon R. Madsen mtymp10 at ux.acs.umn.edu
Tue Apr 30 12:47:45 AEST 1991

Perhaps someone can help me:
I just bought a used terminal without a manual..
It has several emulations, the only one of which that is recognized by my system being 'wyse50'..
The problem is that with wyse50, I can type all the other characters that I want, but I can't seem to get a carriage return or a line feed across.. ^M doesn't work, either..  I suspect that the problem lies in stty, but I don't have much experience with this sort of thing, and the manual entries don't seem to help..
Here's my .login stty entry:
stty -lcase echo newcrt even odd -raw -nl -tandem -cbreak -tostop \
     -tilde -flusho -mdmbuf -litout -nohang decctlq -noflsh erase ^\? \
     kill ^U werase ^W rprnt ^R flush ^O lnext ^V susp ^Z dsusp ^Y intr ^C \
     quit ^\\ eof ^D

BTW, there's no vt100 emulation.. if there was, I'd have used that long ago. :)