Out of descriptors, out of luck?

Mike "The Claw" Sullivan mike_s at EBay.Sun.COM
Sun Apr 21 06:05:01 AEST 1991

In <63777 at bbn.BBN.COM> fkittred at bbn.com (Fletcher Kittredge) writes:

>If the man page for setrlimit() says that it supports
>RLIMIT_NOFILE, then you can up the limit for the number of open files. Sun
>O/S >=4.0 and HP-UX >=8.0 are examples of two operating systems which support
>this facility.

Slight correction. I believe that RLIMIT_NOFILE first appeared in SunOS 4.1,
not 4.0.

	Mike
--
Mike Sullivan                     Internet:   Mike.Sullivan at EBay.Sun.COM
Sun Education                     UUCP:       ..!sun!yavin!mike_s