Need help with PC-Interface for RS-232 only

Harry A Levinson hal at world.std.com
Tue Apr 9 08:32:12 AEST 1991

I am trying to bring up the PC-Interface from Locus/ICS using RS-232
only and am not having much success.

1.  The DOS installation seems to
    be ok.  I can run login.exe and log onto the Unix system however as
    soon as I press F9 (to make the connection) the Unix Console responds
    with:

  Severe or Fatal error in PC-Interface
  Fatal error in pcidossvr.232 4197:
  Topserr=-1, errno=2 on attach to shared memory segment.

2. If I then run 'sharectl' as either a user or 'root' I get the error
   message:
  shareinit: Can't get shared memory key

3. And as is probably no suprise, if I run 'ipcs' it shows no shared memory
   segments active.

4.  My ICS Unix is V2.2, Unix PC-Interface Server is V2.8.6 and
    the DOS PC-Interface client software is V3.0 (It would seem that
    the version differences are the source of my problems but ICS
    has assured me that it is not, though I am still awaiting a solution
    from them.)

5.  I have four pty gettys running but no other demon (another clue
    perhaps?).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Harry Levinson