Terminal bashing (Re: POSIX bashing)

peter da silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Fri Apr 26 07:40:54 AEST 1991

In article <130073 at uunet.UU.NET>, rbj at uunet.UU.NET (Root Boy Jim) writes:
> At NBS, the excess property people didn't even bother hauling the
> many Datamedia 1521 terminals to whoever auctions them off. They'd
> simply SMASH the screens, and throw them away.

That's disgusting. I know lots of people who would pay $25 or so for these
because that's all they can afford. They'd love some cheap terminals. We
have hundreds of people on local BBSes who *can'* afford a terminal and call
up using those horrible 40-column teletext devices U.S.Videotel rents.

If nothing else, donate them to some charity. Throw in some $50 1200 baud
modems and a list of BBS numbers. DON'T WASTE A PERFECTLY GOOD RESOURCE!

(I'm sorry, but this is insane. Your Government In Action)
Peter da Silva.  `-_-'  peter at ferranti.com