Is it possible to hide process args from 'ps -ef'?? (Recap)

John 'tms' Navarra navarra at casbah.acns.nwu.edu
Tue Apr 23 19:04:39 AEST 1991

            I have been vaguely following this discussion and this might
 sound simple (and of course it might not work) but if you want to hide a
 process from ps (like a passwd call) how bout this:

 make a /bin/ps which does the following:

        exec /bin/psfiltered | grep -v passwd

 then you hide psfiltered somewhere (maybe not in bin) but so it is not
 readlily accessible by others and so everybody will call ps like usual but
 now it can be supplied with a list not to display.

 I don't know -- it's just off the top of my head.

navarra at casbah.acns.nwu.edu