POSIX bashing

Root Boy Jim rbj at uunet.UU.NET
Tue Apr 2 09:52:28 AEST 1991

In article <15645 at smoke.brl.mil> gwyn at smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>(Of course, NIST went ahead and mandated [ that the POSIX.1 job control
>option be supported ] in the FIPS.  They always seem to think they
>know better than the technical committees who develop the standards.)

Believe me, they don't.

BTW, I assume that what Berkeley and Sun have done (setsid and friends)
is what you're talking about. I would imagine that this fixes the
security problems, but still uses the tty process group to multiplex
terminal input, which probably drives Doug up the wall.

Barry, why didn't you ask Kirk about this when y'all were here last week?
--
		[rbj at uunet 1] stty sane
		unknown mode: sane