Term settings in the Kernel, or what?

root@next1 dastrout at miavx1.acs.muohio.edu
Mon Apr 8 06:44:39 AEST 1991

I have a 68K based Callan 100 unix box from 1983.  It was dead, so I
replaced the floppy, used ssu(standalone storage utility) off of floppy to
reformat the HD, do a restore from floppy to HD, and here I am.  The HD has
a file system on it, as I can load things into mem by file name from the
monitor.  The prob is:  whether I load unix from floppy or HD, it loads,
but prints garbage on my screen.  This system is Multi-bus based, and the
cpu board connects to a free-standing vt-100 board via an rs-232 cable.  I have
checked the usually parity/baud rate things, & have tried 7E1, 7O1, 7N1, 8E1,
8O1, 8N1, all with XON/XOFF and with out, all at 9600, 7200, 4800, & 2400 bps.

Any ideas?

--
Dave Strout

dastrout at miavx1.acs.muohio.edu