readline bashing (was POSIX bashing)

Andrew Hume andrew at alice.att.com
Wed Apr 10 15:15:04 AEST 1991

	just to amplify a little on what ed said: the original
Jerq terminal (Pike&Locanthi) offered a simple but complete windowing
system although sadly lacking in features by today's standards.
It was something like a 10-12MHz 68000. I am pleased to note that
with the advent of the 7?MIP Snake workstation, we can now buy
a workstation with a window system that is as responsive to the touch
of a mouse as the jerq was. it may have taken 9 years to accomplish
this, but it did take a factor of 50 in CPU speed.

	andrew hume