Can a command be stuffed into History?

Bruce Varney asg at sage.cc.purdue.edu
Sat Apr 6 02:53:29 AEST 1991

In article <SQUASH.91Apr4184954 at heat.math.ufl.edu> squash at math.ufl.edu (Jonathan King) writes:
}Could some kind soul tell me how to write an alias (or a script)
}which, after having done something (eg. an lpr command)
}places on the history list, a particular command.
}  My intention is to later execute this command with !! .
}  If this cannot be done, is it possible to have the alias type a
}command to the Unix prompt, so that I can hit <CR> later to execute it?
}
}Jonathan  squash at math.ufl.edu
I believe ksh can do it
print -s whateveryouwantaddedtoyourhistorylist
hope this helps
			Bruce

---------
sar.casm \'sa:r-.kaz-*m\ \sa:r-'kas-tik\ \-ti-k(*-)le-\ n [F sarcasme, fr.
   LL sarcasmos, fr. Gk sarkasmos, fr. sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips
   in rage, sneer, fr. sark-, sarx flesh; akin to Av thwar*s to cut] 1: a
   cutting, hostile, or contemptuous remark : GIBE 2: the use of caustic or
   ironic language - sar.cas.tic aj

Courtesy of Bruce Varney           ###               #
aka -> The Grand Master                               #
asg at sage.cc.purdue.edu             ###    #####       #
PUCC                               ###                #