YIKES! Uucp broke! HELP!

Robert Raisch raisch at Control.COM
Fri Apr 12 02:19:55 AEST 1991

Ok, ok, here's the poop.

It was entirely my fault.

Some time ago, I had the bright idea of including lines in my passwd file
like:
	noone:*:-1:-1:#######THIS IS A COMMENT LINE#####:/:

to seperate the various classes of users on this system.

It *used* to work on SunOS round about 3.something with no bad effects.
That does not seem to be the case anymore, though.

Even though other programs, like login, seem to work, uucico barfs at
the 'getpwnam' function.  <sigh>

I have removed the offending cruft from my passwd file and life is
good, once again.

Tanks to all who responded.
/rr
--
"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti." -Lector