Terminal bashing (Re: POSIX bashing)

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Tue Apr 30 02:24:38 AEST 1991

In article <2077 at muffin.cme.nist.gov> libes at cme.nist.gov (Don Libes) writes:
> Since I work at NIST (was NBS) let me give you the real story.  (Ok,
> not necessarily real, but a good story.)

I always enjoy a good story. have you read "The Silence of the Lambs"?

Whoops, lapsing into sarcasm mode. Don't mind me, it's a defense mechanism.

> Consider the kind of paperwork that the government would have to
> handle to give away stuff.   Believe me - it would cost
> (taxpayers) $500 to give away each $25 terminal.  Maybe more.

I can understand. I was just told how much it costs us to process each PO.
But still, it's a horrible waste. And it's not just the gummint, judging
by other replies to this thread.

Perhaps it would work out better if the gummint wasn't involved in things
like NIST? (run away, it's a Libertarian!) (well, sometimes)

> (It's easier to ask for a piece of Alaska.)

Can I have a piece of Alaska?
Peter da Silva.  `-_-'  peter at ferranti.com