unix undelete ?????

Arthur W. Protin Jr. protin at pica.army.mil
Thu Apr 25 02:14:04 AEST 1991

Folks,
    Marc Wachowitz <X903%DMAFHT1.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu> gave some
very bad advice in his message of <9104240626.aa04084 at VGR.BRL.MIL>
Wed, 24 Apr 91 11:50:34 GMT when he said:

>                             ... Just make "rm" an alias to a simple

NEVER EVER make "rm" an alias for something less dangerous than "/bin/rm".

People get used to using the command in a friendlier form and wreck havoc
when they get into a normal environment.

When you want a "delete" that protects you, use "delete" or "del" or

Of course, such a replacement for "rm" won't remove all use that we
might have from an undelete utility.  Most of the files that I destroy
I do with implicit deletes.

Arthur Protin <protin at pica.army.mil>
These are my personal views and do not reflect those of my boss
or this installation.