Request help in setting up DNS on a SUN 4.1.1 system

Kerry Duke duke at analog.com
Thu Apr 4 08:43:39 AEST 1991

Hi:

I apologize if this is not the appropriate place to ask this question, but I am
desperate.  Can anyone out there help me set up BIND (version from Berkeley via
Sun Microsystems).  The Sun documentation is not complete or incorrect, the RFC's
do not give me enough information to set it properly on a self-contained Sun
network (our only connection to the outside world is through UUCP).

My problems revolve around not understanding how YP/DNS(BIND)/Sendmail interact,
and not knowing what exactly should be placed or changed in each configuration file.

If you can spend a few minutes to help me get up to speed on BIND, I would really
appreciate it.

Thanks...

Kerry Duke
System Manager