ctrl-P

Chris Torek torek at elf.ee.lbl.gov
Wed Apr 17 08:40:03 AEST 1991

In article <15849 at smoke.brl.mil> gwyn at smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>The really sick thing is that the inverse operation seems to be to type:
>	SET TERM CONSOLE
>which is hardly intuitive!

Actually, it is `SET TERMINAL PROGRAM' (which can be abbreviated SE T P);
this is only for 780s (and 782, 785, etc).  Some VAXen have no console
processor; there ^P (if it does anything) use the main CPU, effectively
halting the machine; the command here is usually `continue' (C).  On the
8600 `continue' works even if you did not halt.  I have never used an
8800 or 9000 so I have no idea what they do; they seem likely to have
separate console processors.

Incidentally, the console processor for an 8600 is a PDP-11 (T11 chip)
running RT11 (or is it RSX? I think RT11).  Occasionally it will drop
into the command processor loop.  I always thought it would be amusing
to put V6 or V7 on the console processor....
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Lawrence Berkeley Lab CSE/EE (+1 415 486 5427)
Berkeley, CA		Domain:	torek at ee.lbl.gov