Need help with two Xenix Problems

Jay A. Snyder jay at gdx.UUCP
Wed Dec 5 14:19:45 AEST 1990

Stephen Milton (smm at milton.u.washington.edu) writes:

->First problem:
->  So far the only comm utility that I can get  to work on my Xenix/286 machine
->is cu.  But how do you use sz or rz (zmodem) commands from within cu?  I've
->tried many different methods, but none seem to work.

To use rz and sz from cu:  (ttyxx is the port you are dialed out on)
To upload a file:

type at host prompt:
rz
then type:
~$ sz foo.bar </dev/ttyxx

To download a file:

type at host prompt:
sz foo.bar
then type:
~$ rz </dev/ttyxx

->Second Problem:
->  I tried to get pcomm to work on my system and when it compiles it always
->ends up with a passle of unresolved externals that I haven't been able
->resolve.  i.e. why are they unresolved, and how do i fix them.

to compile pcomm on xenix (excerpts from Makefile):

#for SCO Xenix
CFLAGS = -Od -DM_TERMINFO -M3e -LARGE
LDFLAGS = -M3e
CURSES = -ltinfo -lx